Once a family law judgment  is entered, for various reasons, its terms may not always be final or may not always be followed

After you receive a final judgment of dissolution or paternity, circumstances can change.   Children grow and their needs as a teenager are different from when they were a toddler, necessitating a change of custody or visitation.  A parent may need to re-locate and want to move the child with him or her.  A parent might lose a job or obtain more lucrative employment.  All of the above are reasons to modify child custody and visitation, child support or spousal support.  

It is also possible that, after receiving a divorce decree, assistance is needed to enforce the terms of the judgment. For example, the sale of a home was agreed upon and your former spouse refuses to put it on the market or you need direction as to the division of retirement accounts.   Perhaps you have a final divorce decree from another state and need to enforce the terms in California or an asset was omitted in the original division of property.  

Maybe you entered into your judgment without having all of the facts.  It is not easy to set aside a judgment, but under the right circumstances, it is certainly possible.  All of the above issues can be settled in court or via Mediation, Collaborative or Negotiation, whether you are represented by an attorney or the attorney is serving in a consulting capacity.